Sunday, March 8, 2015

Focus on the Positive March 8, 2015



The hope of Spring as told by my Geranium.

A few weeks ago I noticed that there were more leaves coming in on my Geranium and they were getting darker green and then just last weekend I saw one bud blooming.  Now, even though we had snow and cold, there are 4 blossoms and 2 new sprouts where buds may form all from the increased sunlight.

I find this process magical and instills in me that with Spring comes new beginnings, not just in the world around me but from within me.  As I continue to keep up with my daily gratitude journal I feel as though I'm able to really understand the world around me much better.

For the first time in many years, maybe all the way back to 4 or 5 years old, I see the world as a safe place to grow.  I'm seeing how I may be of help in situations at home and at work.  Finding the good within myself I'm now much more able to discover the good in others.

I know there are still questions I don't have answers for and maybe never will but I am still able to find the truth in others and situations.

The first break through for me came when I identified what is my purpose for being.  Professionally, I seek to make computers effective tools to improve health care for the patient. Personally, I look for ways to uplift those doing actions that help lighten the burdens of others.

In my personal life I strive to find ways to help.  Sometimes its with a positive tweet or post or blog for topics as varied as politics, books, TV based on books and TV designed to help people find answers to difficult dramas in everyday life.

Somehow each of us must strive to find a way to discover their purpose - what makes you unique?  Maybe you can build cabinets and chairs out of wood.  Or you might be able to see something beautiful in a sunset and take a picture.  Perhaps you are able to advocate for others that have no way to get their message out.

Whatever it is that makes you unique - that's your calling.  That's the thing that you do no matter how discouraged you may be, you keep striving to succeed.  The main thing to remember, the road isn't easy.  The path to understanding brings about hard times.  It takes work and dedication to put together just one scene on a TV show.  Life is something like that, only we don't get a script to follow and we don't know the next scene but we have to do all we can to find the truth in every situation.

Reaching out in an honest way will help you find your way.  Find someone you admire and make them your mentor.  Whatever you commit to you must first believe in your heart that what you're pursuing is what fulfills you.  Ask yourself what do you need to succeed, what do you need to grow and flourish and set out finding ways to achieve this goal.  When you truly find what motivates you, you will find the job, the training, the tools, and the strength to make your mark in life.  While you're striving to meet your goal to finding your purpose stay positive.  Sincerely be thankful everyday, this is like the water, soil and fertilizer for my Geranium (Sunlight is the purpose).  You have to find the goodness in what's around you now in order to fully appreciate who you are deep down inside.

Just like my Geranium, keep seeking the light, sometimes you may not find it right away, but some day it will come - so be prepared to make the most of the sunshine while you're able.

Remember everyone needs the sun and to me a smile brings light to my world.  The best way to get a smile is to give one. Take time to be thankful and live in the moment every minute so you're able to make the most of the sunlight that comes your way.

Sincerely,

Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment