Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pope Francis proclaims Pope John XXIII and Pope John Paul II Saints

http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-francis-proclaims-pope-john-xxiii-and-pope-jo

Today's top story on twitter follow link above.  John Francis's proclamation of John Paul II saint hood is the best birthday gift I could receive.  Also a great way to remember my Mother on my 52nd birthday.

My Mom died at 53 and I was 33 it was during Holy week in 1996. That Easter Pope John Paul II had asked us to give up something that came between us and God. I choose TV.  

I studied scripture and listened to radio shows that acted out Christian books and scripts.  I visited my Mom and prayed.  The Saturday before Palm Sunday, my Mom died at around 5 a.m.  I was driving back from Winona Minnesota after being at her bedside Friday afternoon and evening.  I had pulled over at a little spot in the road to rest by some soda pop machines it was around 5 a.m. and the car filled with light then I heard my Mom's voice, "Love you too, Missy."  She was in a coma while I had been with her.  When I got home the hospital called and confirmed she had died at about that time.  

I'm hoping to live longer than Mom by doing what I can to lose weight and get healthy. I hope to give all reading this post hope.  As my Mom said, "There's always hope in the Spring."  She died before Springs promise could fully unfold but she never lost her faith.  

May you all know a healthy lifestyle is possible.  You can make a difference in your weight without starving yourself or exercising all the time.  I've put on this blog and my other blog melissablanchard62.wordpress.com how I've accomplished my confirmed 51 pound weight loss.

During the re-election of President Obama I wanted to help - then I couln't go a few blocks without feeling like I might collapse.  Yesterday I walked for the March For Babies walk.  I completed the 3.8 km walk in 55 minutes with plenty left in the tank for more:)  I will continue to walk, bike and use my arm bike because its doable, something I can manage and it builds my body, mind and Spirit.  

Keep on believing in the hope of Spring - rain falls but if you look closely you'll see the green that's coming to life as the rain washes away the grime of winter's cold.  

Hope all is going well with all the 50 something's out there. You can change you lifestyle even after 50:)  Believe it.

Comments are welcome.  And if you need a hand to stay on course just let me know - I'll give you a hand up.

Sincerely,
Melissa Blanchard
mblanchdev1@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Lisa. Your words support my feeling that she's helping Jesus preparing a room for me. I find comfort in knowing that. I'll keep on moving forward. Monday, I'm going to a Healthy Lifestyle coach to learn more about staying on course.

    ReplyDelete