Saturday, August 30, 2014

Shared Journal August 30, 2014

Hi All,
Last couple of days we had rain during my walk times so I used my bike on a trainer in the apartment to get my 35 minutes in. I've found that keeping exercise simple and doable everyday is the best way to go. I'm tempted to do extra and sometimes I do, but not everyday and not as a goal.

The ground I've made so far to being healthy has been built on doing activities that are sustainable. No matter how many people in my life that want results faster will just have to wait. Best change in the body happen over time. This goes for healthy changes too so I'll keep going with my sustainable routine.

As far as my FB and Blog posts. I try to be sure to do a weekly check in and sometimes more all depends on how demanding life becomes both personally and professionally. I have to maintain work first (to pay bills) then my healthy regiment (exercise, food planning/preparation, bills, connecting with family and friends and vacation planning).

Social Media friends are a big part of my friend connecting and I'm working at being efficient at that part as well. I'm using flags on e-mail (iphone lets you see just flagged e-mail) and answering tweets that are addressed to me or RT and FAV of my tweets first - then supporting other tweets of friends and authors in my lists.

I'm working at remembering to check the sites others build that liked my posts I have on FB and my other blogs. Not something I'm always good at - sometimes I try to share and not all like that - but in all we need to remember if you chose to post on FB you control the privacy settings not those that share your posts so keep that in mind. A good rule my Grandma told me long before FB was invented is if you don't say it you can't be repeated correctly or incorrectly. So only share or post what you want all to have read and communicated - use another media to share things you don't want out there (I don't totally believe in FB's privacy being absolute so I use blogs and locked journals on my own PC or MAC for my private or things I want to control).

Hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend. I have found that plans don't always work out but in the end the alternative has it's own reward. Be open to the rewards that come your way - planned or unplanned.

Thanks for all the likes, shares and comments I enjoy meeting people on social media. I've made some special friends and connected with many. Keep on posting everyone:)


This rose I found in a parking lot - find all the beauty that's around you each day.  When you seek you will find.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment